Cost Effective Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery in India Attracts Global Patient
The musculo-skeletal problems among children differ from those experienced by adults. It may be due to their growing stage, body’s response to the injuries and infections besides different kinds of deformities often seen among adults.
Invariably, musculo-skeletal problems among children are overlooked considering them to be problems due to variation of growth that will be resolved with time and age. Also since children are unable to express their orthopedic problems properly and hence often get ignored by parents.
About Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
Pediatric orthopedists acquire expertise in treating or managing musculo-skeletal problems among children through extensive and comprehensive training.
The common orthopedic problems encountered by pediatric orthopedic surgeons, also referred as pediatric orthopedists include:
• Fractured bones
• Torn or inflamed muscles, tendons and cartilage
• Complex pain syndromes i.e. pain in a joint or bone
• Disorder of the formation of joints e.g. hip dysplasia
• Disorders of the growth of bones e.g. skeletal dysplasia
• Foot differences
• Gait abnormalities (limping)
• Spinal deformity (congenital, idiopathic and acquired)
• Neurological and neuromuscular conditions (Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida)
• Congenital Talipes Equinovarus (CTEV) i.e. Club Foot
In addition, children may suffer from:
• Acquired musculoskeletal conditions like scoliosis i.e. curvature of the spine
• Bone and joint infections
• Growth disturbance,
• Bone and soft tissue tumors
• Slipped epiphyses
• Orthopedic consequences of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
These complications are diagnosed, treated and efficiently managed by pediatric orthopedists.
Children having such complex pediatric orthopedic complications are best managed through a common approach by a medical-surgical team comprised of orthopedic surgeons, rheumatologists and sports doctors.
The newborn are always at greater risk of having abnormal hips the way they are born. It is therefore prudent to check the limbs of neonate and if required x-ray may be taken for consultation with pediatric orthopedist.
Cost And Success Rate Of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
Musculo-skeletal disorders among children are quite common and very often they are surgically treated or managed through pediatric orthopedic surgery.
The cost of surgery varies as per type of surgery, hospital and surgeon. However, when compared to other parts of world especially neighboring and developed countries like US, UK, Australia or South Africa, cost of pediatric orthopedic surgery in India is much less.
Best Hospital For Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
Needless to mention that Indian doctors are not only world class and skillful but are also sympathetic towards their patient which is an added qualification.
India has taken a big leap in the field of medical treatment with the advancement of hospital infrastructure and equipment.
When it comes to choosing the best hospital for pediatric orthopedic surgery, you may choose anyone of following as per your convenience:
• Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi
• Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla Road, New Delhi
• BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
• Apollo Children Hospital, New Delhi
• Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
• Narayana Super Specialty Hospital, Gurugram
• Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon
• Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
• Nanavati Hospital, Vile Parle, Mumbai
• Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai
• S L Raheja Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai
• Columbia Asia Hospital, Pune
To schedule an orthopedic surgery appointment, please call +91-9860432255. Book immediate appointment at email id:: email@example.com
Realizing the need and urgency in addressing to the orthopedic complications so as to provide a normal life to the child, it is always better to get your child examined by orthopedics soon.
Any problem whenever reported by the child or observed by parents warrants consultation with a pediatric orthopedic surgeon at the earliest so as to arrest the disease progression or treat surgically.
India has most qualified, experienced and skillful orthopedists and hospitals for pediatric orthopedic surgery in India to treat or manage musculoskeletal disorders from a new born baby to growing teenagers.